Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Missing my son

by felix / Posted 16/05/2009 / Updated 22/05/2009

I am a 37 year old Brit , living in Guatemala now for 10 years . I have a wonderful son and I had an awful marriage . We got divorced after 7 years but all that time I stayed in Guatemala to raise my son and be there for him .
I had many financial problems and my ex-wife always had control and held the money, but I was always there for my son .
After we got divorced she decided to move to the USA and to take my son with her .
I gave her permission to go the USA, but of course the idea was to still be able to spend time with my son here in Guatemala where I live .
Now I have my own business and am doing very well . It has now been 7 months since my ex-wife left and the last time I saw my son .
I speak to him regularly and was waiting for him to come back and spend the school holidays with me.
Then his mother sends me an e-mail saying she has applied for residency and now he cannot leave the country , possibly for years .
It made me very angry and that is why I looked into the Hague Convention and looked at this website .I miss my son, and I just want my Ex to know that I have rights as well and that I love my son and want to spend time with him. Not just a couple of days in the USA every couple of months , but quality time .I feel helpless sometimes, but I think that if I let her know that it is not all what she wants , and that our son has two loving parents not one, then maybe I can also be with my son again .I talked to the British Embassy here in Guatemala and they were very interested in my case and very helpful .
Does anyone have any advice for me??

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.