Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Lawyers in india

by Aviral Mittal / Posted 17/06/2009 / Updated 30/11/2017

I am a UK resident. My wife abducted my daughter to India, and I have started legal procedings in UK and in India. Pls can anyone suggest good lawyers in India?


From SP / Posted: 24/12/2009
I am in a similar situation with my husband who has abducted my daughter to India. Incase you have any details of any good lawyer I would request you to pls share it with me.

Many thanks and regards
From GS / Posted: 13/01/2010
Before you start engaging lawyers, work out your strategy to the extent possible and be clear how far you are prepared to go and how much perseverance you are able to show. I speak from experience. 6 years and several hundreds of thousands of dollars later I still havenīt made any significant headway. The legal system in India is notoriously slow and fraught with incorrect advice from incompetent lawyers. I suggest you do your research first. Accept the fact that there is no such thing as a good lawyer. They are all bad. You just have to be lucky to find the one thatīs īless badī. In asking your question you might also want to be specific about the city in which you are looking for lawyers and also whether you want a civil or criminal lawyer - depends on your specific situation

From clarissa / Posted: 23/01/2010
there are 2 firms listed in the reunite lawyer listings. hope that helps.§ion=India&lawyers_international_submit=Find
From Khan / Posted: 30/11/2017
Do you know under which city your child was abducted in India? If you have no contact with your child and donīt know her whereabouts then I believe you have to file a petition for "Habeas Corpus" in the Indian High Court to produce your child before the court.

Good luck!

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.