Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

my wife has taken my daughter to australia from the US and will not return

by Lee / Posted 03/02/2010 / Updated 22/03/2010

My wife has returned to australia with my 6 year old daughter who has dual citizenship in the US and australia, and will not return her - how do I get joint custody and see my daughter again. My wife is now seeing another man and will not allow me to even speak on the phone to my daughter - she was means to return in December but says that she is not coming back.


From Phil / Posted: 25/02/2010
I have suffered a similar fate my ex left UK to return to her country Spain with our young daughter.
It is a nightmare.
My adivise is act immediately.
Time is against you .
Are you still in USA?
They will probably have some International Sevice which can help .
Contact your politicians do everything you can because we father keep getting a bad deal in these situations.
From Nick Johnston / Posted: 26/02/2010
Both the USA and Australia are signed up to the Hague Convention on Child Abduction. You should identify a lawyer in the area where you reside who has some experience in international child abductions and ask them to commence proceedings. It may take some time and will almost ceryainly come at a price but, one that will be worth it in the end. Have you also considered using a mediator to try and ´broker´ a deal between yourself and your wife. Once everything is explained and both sides are on the table you may find that you can reach an agreement without the long process under the convention.
From Summer / Posted: 08/03/2010
Dear Lee

You have full rights. She broke the law in leaving the US with your daughter. Contact the Federal police and tell them your situation asap. She can be arrested if she doesn´t return the child to the US immediately.

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.