Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Advice Needed

by Hannah / Posted 11/03/2010 / Updated 21/04/2010

My husband and I recently split up and within a week of that happening, he took my son from his habitual place of residence back to the UK. My son, who is 10, told his father that he wanted to live with him but this was after weeks or possibly months of my husband saying lots of very bad things about me. I have sought legal advice and I have the right to try to get my son back but I´m not sure if this might make things worse and make my son hate me. At first I thought my son would realise that he wanted to be with me and come home but my husband is doing his best to turn my son against me. Any advice from someone who has been through similar would be very welcome


From Nick Johnston / Posted: 25/03/2010
You do not say which country you are living in. However, you will be able to do something and you should start sooner rather than later.
From Phil / Posted: 06/04/2010
Hi Hannah.
I have been and continue to go through this suffering known as parental alienation.
My adivise is to act swiftly,time will NOT improve matters .
You do not say in which country you are dealing with ?
But arrange through the authorities contact with your child.
Your ex can NOT legally stop you seeing your child.
Parental alienation is an abuse of the child,and is a despicable thing for a parent to do to the child.
Do not fall into the trap of also doing this .
From ac / Posted: 21/04/2010
Hi Hanna,
No child should be separated from their parent. And your husband, taking things at face value, is stupid beyond belief to have done what he has and is doing. Children are innocent and can be manipulated. If you are the ´good´ party in all this and your child deserves to be with you then act NOW or it will be you nursing a broken and empty heart.

The fact is that children grow up and eventually ask questions and the truth usually rises to the top. Only at that point do they realise and learn that they have been lied to all their lives ... its a long time to wait and so many good things have missed out on by the parent, and child, from whom the child has been taken.

Child abduction, which you now suffer from, is an abuse of the child by an adult ... unless of course the child was in danger from the adult whom it was removed from.

I wish you luck ... if you are the innocent party in all this.

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.