Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

applying to return child to uk after signing consent form

by r / Posted 29/05/2010 / Updated 26/06/2010

Hi sorry to be brief but dont want to go in to too much it possible to apply for the return of a child to the uk after signing the consent form for them to leave. i have good reasons and am not happy with how things have been going since they left but what are the chances of me being able to apply to do this?


From Rebecca / Posted: 24/06/2010
Hi there,
as you have signed a consent form agreeing for your child to be taken abroad then this is likely to constitute
´prior acquiescence´ which is legal terminology under the Hague Convention of International Parental Child Abduction 1980. Therefore, I doubt you would be able to use the HC to apply for a return of your child to the UK, as your ex will be able to use your ´prior acquiescence´ in their defence. If your concerns are for the physical welfare of your child, then could you not contact the equivalent of Social Services in the country they have gone to (presuming they have such a thing!) and raise your concerns. That way they will be able to investigate them and see if they are valid.
From Shivali / Posted: 26/06/2010
Have you children been reloacted to a country that is party to the Hague Convention? If so, may be more difficult to get them back or alternatively if your child is now well settled living abroad then the Courts will look at thsi as being in the best interest of the Child (unless of course you can prove that you have good reasons now that it isn´t)

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.