Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

egyptian dad

by Sarah / Posted 17/08/2010 / Updated 07/06/2011

My 2 year old son is denied a british passport becuase his Egyptian father absconded and has not been seen since. I need his permission and passport, I canīt even divorce him. I read about a RIGHT TO ABODE, is this a possibility or has anyone got any ideas?


From Norma / Posted: 05/06/2011
Speak to Reunite and to a lawyer. If the lawyer says nothing can be done, find another lawyer. Was the child born in Egypt? If you are British and you were born in the UK, your child should have British nationality, no matter where he was born. Keep trying - donīt take no for an answer.
From Denise / Posted: 07/06/2011
I donīt quite understand. What does your Egyptian husband have to do with applying for a UK passport??? Why do you need his permission and passport? Are you a UK citizen? Where was your son born? Are you currently living in the UK?

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.