Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Scottish Courts giving fathers who live abroad( Greece) right to take child on holiday

by Emma / Posted 09/01/2011 / Updated 15/01/2011

My ex husband moved back to Greece 18 months ago and has limited contact with our 9 year old and provides nothing , he has announced that he is coming to UK soon and wants to see our son and take him for holiday in Greece. Will / Could Judge in Scotland give him right to do any of this even though he makes no effort to stay in touch and provides nothing. He has threatened kidnap in past and has been violent towards myself when we were together. My son doesnt want to see him . Im really worried!!!!


From Nicki / Posted: 14/01/2011
I can´t answer your question with certainty but I doubt it. Espcially if you voice your fears if it comes to that. Try not to worry, he has to go to a lot of effort and expense to go the court route and if hes not bothered so far he probably won´t put himself through all that.
From Brigid / Posted: 15/01/2011
Hi Emma I have 10years experience of the scottish courts re preventing my child being abducted. The scottish courts are very pro contact and most lawyers hopeless. I have used an excellent child psychologist who was not obstrustive to my child ( only met once)in any way and you will need this as an, expert witness. I have maanged to prevent direct contact/access through my own initative and not listening to the advice of lawyers. However without the fantastic child psychologist I dread to think what my situation would be now.It has been hard but my child is now almost 11years and to date I am glad that I applied the knowledge that I have.

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.