Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Parent with residence responsible for travel

by Agnes / Posted 15/03/2011 / Updated 06/04/2011

My children live with me in UK and my ex lives in a different country that is several hours away by plane. Originally, I was the one who ´moved away´ from our home country to the UK and I was held responsible for practically all travel to do with his contact. i.e. I take the children to him and pick them up, and pay for it all. Recently, he has moved much further away but he still demands that I facilitate all contact. I don´t think this is fair. If he decides to move just anywhere, I could end up with sky high bills for him to see his kids. Is this right? What can I do about it?


From TJ / Posted: 01/04/2011
I will be interestested to see what the response is to this. How often to you have to send your children to see your ex partner and how old are they? I am trying to leave a country with my now 3 year old and 18 month old and am thinking how many times I will have to pay for them to visit their father who is an 18 hours play ride away...
From annemarie donnachie / Posted: 06/04/2011
Hello Angnes, I am in a similar position to you and now my ex is talking about moving further away. Have you spoken to the advice line of reunite they are really helpful. I think that you need to go back to court because his situation has changed. Also talk to your lawyer.
Keep in touch and let me know how you get on. It would be nice to talk to people who are going through the same thing. Good luck Annemarie

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.