Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

How would the Hague Convention view this one?

by Clarie / Posted 19/06/2011 / Updated 27/06/2011

I have remarried and we have bought a house in another country (Hague Convention) for many valid reasons none are to do with my ex. I/my children were abused by him and we have had no contact with him for 2 yrs. He tried to get contact but because of proven mental health probs, a court ordered no contact.
We have tried to contact him to ask for permission to move but have had no reply. Really donīt want/canīt afford expensive court battle for LTR - the children donīt need any more trauma.
Would we be protected once we have moved considering we have not simply "abducted the children", we tried to let him know we would like to do and also, if the children were returned to the UK under the HC, they couldnīt be with him and wouldnīt want to be anyway - it would place them at risk physically and emotionally from him, for which we have psychological proof.
Any advice would be appreciated - we just want to move with peace of mind - it doesnīt change how things are now in any way - he has no contact anyway.


From vikki / Posted: 27/06/2011
I am no expert, but I think if he doesnt file proceedings against you, straight away, then little would happen after a certain period of time. Have you tried phoning reunite, as they were very helpful with my situation.
Although you are not abducting the child, he could claim abduction. Good luck

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.