Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Return to Jurisdiction

by Tim / Posted 23/04/2012 / Updated 23/04/2012

Hi, I have a 13 year old daughter who wishes to return to the UK for schooling and personal reasons. She is unhappy in the French culture and system and wishes to return to her country of origin and extended family. Her mother is refusing discussion and the child verging on refusing to return. Can I apply for an order in the UK to have residency re assessed? She has been in France for several years. I am concerned for her welfare emotionaly and socially, I also strongly disaprove of her mothers actions in encouraging her underage daughter to buy her tobbaco - a huge concern, hence I would like to take prompt action.

Any advice would be appreciated.


From ena / Posted: 23/04/2012
Ask that she is allowed to have her say in court. She is old enough to state where she wants to live.

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.