Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Parental Child Abduction to UK

by Hara / Posted 21/01/2013 / Updated 12/04/2013

Hello there,
I am the mother of three children but since the last six months my ex husband abducted and retained my son (aged 12) in UK where he lives with his new partner for almost 2 years.
According to court decisions, I have the right of custody of all of my children and their father is only entitled to see them for one month during the summertime. However, last summer my ex husband decided not to allow my youngest son to return back home like the other two of my children.
I am aware of the Hague and European Convention as the country I am coming from is a signatory but my financial situation does not allow me to instruct a UK lawyer in order to commence legal proceedings. Thus, I would like to ask you whether I am entitled to present myself at court or whether legal aid is available?
Thank you in advance!!

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.