Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Why do the police say they wouldnt be able to stop it

by Dave / Posted 19/11/2013 / Updated 20/11/2013

My daughter, 11, lives with my ex-wife, who is from Indonesia. I have my daughter every weekend, and the first weekend in November my ex asked me to bring my daughter back early on the Sunday. I did that and then she informed me she was leaving that day for Indonesia with my daughter. She had purchased open return tickets which she would pick up from the airport that day. She was already packed. She said she would not be returning. I called the police who came and explained to her if she took our daughter away to live that she would be commiting an offence. They convinced my ex to give me my daughters UK passport.

I contacted solicitor the next day to take out Prohibitive Steps Order, and they have told me the date for the hearing is 19th December!!

Today, my ex told me she has applied for indonesian passport for our daughter and that she intends to leave for Indonesia to live. I contacted the police to see if there is anything they can do and they say no, she wont have commited an offence until she leaves UK and doesnt return. They advised I ask my lawyer to apply for emergency PSO.

My question, is, why cant the police prevent my ex taking our daughter away from UK, even though she has made it plain, even to the PC who came to her house, that she does not intend to return to UK with our daughter?

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.