Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

abduction uk to south africa

by gary / Posted 23/05/2014 / Updated 05/06/2014

Can a child be returned to father if he didnt have custody at time of removal


From AC / Posted: 05/06/2014
Hi Gary, SA is a party to the Hague Convention. You can therefore file a petition to have your child returned to the UK if SA was not your child´s habitual residence. The longer he or she stays there the more difficult it will be to have him or her returned. I wish you luck, AC

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.