Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

Child Abduction

by lloyd / Posted 02/10/2014 / Updated 16/04/2016

I separated from my wife 4 years ago and we have not started divorce proceeding though we both would not contest it. We have 2 boys, 4 and 8. She lives in the Rep of Ireland and I moved moved to the UK after the separation becaused she harrassed me constantly. We are not in good terms and only communicate about the kids. I have still maintained contact with my children and support them financially.. There are a few court orders in place including maintenance order, access order and that the kids cannot leave the Irish jurisidiction without both parents consent. The kids visit me half of the summer holidays and we alternate xmases(through a court order). I also visit them whenever i can provided i give her enough notice. I support them financially(also through a court order).
She is now planning to move to Canada with the kids to look for a job, next year(she´s currently on social welfare).
Can i use the court order that prevents the children from leaving the jurisidiction to prevent her from taking the kids to Canada? Do i need to get an injunction to prevent her from taking the children? Can i use the court order/injuction to prevent the Canandian embassy from issuing her with a work visa?
My worry is that she could sneak out of Ireland since i live in the UK, what measures can i put in place to make sure that she doesnt? If she managed to sneak them out of Ireland, would i be able to get them back to Ireland/UK? How?
Please advise

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.