Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

abduction prevention

by hopeful dad / Posted 22/08/2015 / Updated 10/11/2015

Im an EU national living in the UK, and my spouse is Russian.
Our marriage has gone from bad to worse in the last few years. we have two beautiful kids (4 and 2).
In one of our latest fights (we fight everyday) she has officially threatened me to take the kids to her country and never let me see them again. This thread has now escalated to a point in which Im really afraid that might happen.
I made the mistake (out of trust of course - she was and still is my wife) to let her register them as Russian as well as my own nationality (meaning both have now Russian Passports - dual nationality)
She is confident she can get them out of the country without my permission using her nationality (who knows, at the moment she might be buying the tickets, she has a bank account I cant access)
They are not going to any nursery, she is now the only person who takes care of them while Im at work.
Not sure really what to do, technically Im not divorced and still want to save our marriage, but at this stage I think her capable of abducting our kids.
Is there anything I can legally do to prevent her from trying to leave the country with them?

Thanks a lot in advance

Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.