Reunite International
Reunite International Homepage

Parents Forum

Submit a new topic for discussion

Unfortunately there was an error processing your Topic
Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.
Thank you for creating a new topic for discussion. Your topic will appear on the website shortly.

This forum offers parents the opportunity to voice their own experiences of international parental child abduction, and related issues, and to share useful information with others in a similar situation.

reunite reserve the exclusive right to refuse to publish any submissions at their discretion. Submission of comments does NOT in any way guarantee publication.

Please note all posts are checked by reunite staff before appearing here. Anything considered offensive, defamatory or that may be a contempt of court will NOT be posted.

The views placed on the Forum are independent and are not necessarily the views of reunite.

abduction to nigeria

by bibi / Posted 11/02/2016 / Updated 14/03/2016

My estranged husband (unfortunately still live together) is arranging nigerian passports for my two sons (8&11) and is talking about taking them on holiday to Nigeria. He is verbally abusive and controlling, previously also physically but not since he has been given a caution (knowing next time will be a charge). I am not sure what to do. Even if we were to go together ( as he pretends) he could just get rid of me in Africa or take the boys out of the country anytime whereas I would need a visa (I´m European national). Am I paranoid? Any advice appreciated.


From Bobby / Posted: 14/03/2016

I am in a similar situation and I applied for a PSO which was issued last week. If your children are resident in the UK you can apply for a Prohibited Steps Order from the nearest Family Court. You can request an urgent hearing which will mean that a PSO is issued immediately to prevent your kids being taken out of the country without your permission.

You can also go to the police if you think their abduction is imminent to have them issue an ´All Ports Alert´ which will mean that should he try to take them out of the country they would be stopped by immigration.

You need to act fast because it becomes very difficult and far more expensive once the kids have left the UK.

Good luck.


Post a response

Please fill in the following numbers into the provided box.