NAGALRO Spring 2009 AGM & Conference
NAGALRO are holding their Spring 2009 AGM and Conference entitled "Access to Justice for Children" on Monday 16th March at St. Catherine´s College, Oxford.
NAGALRO SPRING 2009 AGM and CONFERENCE
ACCESS TO JUSTICE FOR CHILDREN
on Monday, 16 March 2009
at St. Catherine´s College, Oxford
AGM: 09.30am - 10.20am (Full Members only)
Conference: 10.30am - 4.15pm
This conference will address the representation of children and young people in situations where their rights are in danger of being marginalised, overlooked or overridden, and how to ensure they have access to justice.
Topics will include the protection of children´s rights:
* in private law proceedings
* when at risk of abduction
* for children who have been trafficked and are illegal immigrants
* in the care of public authorities
* Chris Beddoe, Director, EcPAT UK
* Judge Clifford W. Bellamy, Designated Family Judge for Coventry
* Mike Lindsay, Co-ordinator, CRAE (Childrens´ Rights Alliance for England)
* David Vavrecka, Family Barrister, Coram Chambers, London
Chair of the conference: Hon Mrs Justice Parker D.B.E., High Court Family Division
The conference will be of interest to academics, barristers, solicitors, family court advisers, children´s guardians, family mediators, judges, administrators, magistrates, social workers, researchers and IROs. It will attract 6 hours of CPD Credit from the Law Society and from the UK College of Family Mediators.
NAGALRO The Professional Association for Children´s Guardians, Family Court Advisers and Independent Social Work Practitioners and Consultants.
P.O. Box 264, Esher, Surrey, KT10 0WA, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01372 818504 Fax: 01372 818505
Visit the NAGALRO website, www.nagalro.com, for more information and to download an application form.