Annual Child Abduction Conference - 27th January 2012
Child Abduction Seminar - 2nd February 2011
The National Policing Improvement Agency (NPIA), reunite, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Ministry of Justice and the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) co-hosted a seminar focusing on Parental Child Abduction.
We are very pleased to have had such a positive response to the seminar, with 90 delegates attending the seminar.
The objective of the seminar was to raise awareness of parental child abduction as a criminal matter and to provide training for professionals such as police officers and staff, lawyers, NGO´s and government departments who are dealing with such cases.
Some of the topics for discussion were:
- the new parental child abduction toolkit
- sharing of good practice
- the myths and misunderstandings surrounding parental child abduction
- the difference between stranger and familial abduction
- the civil and criminal investigation routes
- who to turn to for practical advice and guidance
- joint-working between police, NGO´s other agencies and government departments
Some of the papers and presentations from the seminar can be viewed by clicking the links below.
Alison Riley - Crown Prosecution Service >>click here
Anne-Marie Hutchinson - Dawson Cornwell Specialist Family Law Firm >>click here
Cathy Bassa - FCO: Child Abduction Section >>click here
Sharon Cooke - reunite Advice Line Manager >>click here
Victoria Damrell - MOJ: Central Authority for England & Wales >>click here
Victoria Miller - International Family Justice Office >>click here